Over 200,000 happy patients have found relief for their foot pain, heel pain & ankle pain with our award-winning Des Plaines & Kenosha podiatrists.
DES PLAINES, IL & KENOSHA, WI, PODIATRIST – Dr. Brett J. Waverly, DPM, AACFAS
Dr. Waverly grew up in Portland, OR, and earned his Bachelor of Science from California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, CA. He completed his residency training at Regions Hospital in St Paul, MN, a level I trauma center and a teaching affiliate of the University of Minnesota, where he focused on lower extremity trauma, foot and ankle reconstruction, and various elective procedures, as well as diabetic limb salvage. He served as Chief Resident in his final year of training. Following his residency, he pursued a fellowship in advanced foot and ankle reconstruction and research at Weil Foot and Ankle Institute. He has authored numerous peer-reviewed scientific papers and continues to participate in patient-focused research on the foot and ankle. He strives to provide patients with comprehensive and current treatment protocols to keep them active. He has an interest in elective foot and ankle surgery, sports injuries, arthroscopy, foot and ankle reconstruction, and trauma.
Awards – Credentials – Distinctions – Publications
- Stryker STAR™ Total Ankle Implant, April 2016 – Certificate
- Foot and Ankle Arthroscopy, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons 2015 – Certificate
- Boffeli, TJ, Waverly, BJ. Medial and Lateral Plantar Artery Angiosome Rotational Flaps for Transmetatarsal and Lisfranc Amputation in Patients with Compromised Plantar Tissue. J Foot Ankle Surg. 55(2), 351-361. 2016.
- Boffeli TJ, Thompson JC, Waverly BJ, Pfannenstein RR, and Mahoney KJ. Incidence and Clinical Significance of Heterotopic Ossification After Partial Ray Resection. J Foot Ankle Surg. 55(4), 714-719. 2016.
- Boffeli TJ, Waverly BJ. The Utility of the Long Leg Axial View in Varus and Valgus Deformity: Case Series. J Foot Ankle Surg. 55(5), 1043-1051. 2016.
- First Place in Case Series Poster Presentation, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Annual Scientific Conference 2014
Education & Training
California Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks, CA
Western University of Health Sciences – College of Podiatric Medicine, Pomona, CA
Regions Hospital / HealthPartners Institute of Education and Research, St Paul, MN
Weil Foot & Ankle Institute, Des Plaines, IL